Hospice at HCS services are covered by Medicare, Medicaid and many insurance plans. No one is denied hospice service due to their financial circumstances. Hospice at HCS relies on memorial contributions to make services available to all.
|Hospice at HCS has focused on keeping patients comfortable in their own home during a terminal illness for over 25 years. Our service standards indicate the care and support those patients and families can rely on from the Hospice at HCS team.
Hospice at HCS Service Standards
Hospice at HCS Staff
- The Hospice at HCS Program will admit patients to the Program within four hours of referral when this is desired by the patient and the family or caregiver.
- A comprehensive "Plan of Care" is developed on the day the patient is admitted to the Hospice at HCS Program. This is done in collaboration with the client and the family or caregiver.
- The patient's Primary Care Physician is contacted at least weekly by the Registered Nurse and immediately if there is a significant change in the patient's condition.
- A member of the Hospice at HCS Team visits or calls the patient or family/caregiver every day. The Hospice Team consists of the Hospice at HCS Medical Director, Registered Nurses, Licensed Nursing Assistants, Social Workers, Chaplains and Volunteers.
- The Hospice at HCS Registered Nurse is available 24 hours a day/7 days per week and phone calls to the Hospice at HCS Program are returned within fifteen minutes.
- The patient's comfort level and general condition are monitored closely and treated appropriately. Pain and other symptom management are the expertise of the Hospice at HCS Medical Director and Registered Nurses. They are educated and certified in this specialty area of healthcare.
- A member of the Hospice Team will be present at the time of death when this is desired by the patient or the family/caregiver.
- The interdisciplinary team meets weekly to review patients. Family members are invited to attend this meeting if they wish.
- Bereavement support services are available to family members and caregivers.
- The Hospice Medical Director is Board Certified in Hospice and Palliative Care and lives in Keene, NH. He has worked with Hospice at HCS for over ten years.
- The core team of Hospice at HCS Nurses are specifically certified in Hospice and Palliative Care.
- Hospice at HCS has two chaplains who have worked in the hospice field for many years and live in our service area.
- Hospice at HCS has a core of approximately 80 trained volunteers. All Hospice at HCS volunteers have completed a 27 hour training program. There is a full-time volunteer coordinator who supervises the volunteers. The Volunteer Coordinator has worked for Hospice at HCS for 14 years.