The Para Express is public transportation for people whose disability prevents them from using the City Express fixed route service. If you are a person with a disability, you or your care provider may request an application.
- Call 352-2253 to request an application. Information is available in Braille or large print format.
- Mail the application to:
Home Healthcare, Hospice and Community Services
P.O. Box 564
Keene, NH 03431
Your application will be evaluated by transportation department staff.
- A follow up may be scheduled with a healthcare professional from HCS to verify your transit disability.
- An eligibility determination will be made within 21 working days after the application and healthcare verification are received.
- You will receive a letter from the City Express with your eligibility determination. If you are eligible, you will be certified for a specific period of time, usually 6 months up to 2 years. Eligibility may also be granted on a seasonal or trip by trip basis. This will be outlined in your eligibility letter. You will need to reapply prior to your expiration date for re-certification. The Para Express will send you a new application prior to your expiration date as a reminder to avoid any lapse in service.
- If you are not eligible, you may appeal the determination. The procedures for appeal will be outlined in the determination letter.